9/16/08

"Where'd It Go?"

Let me first start off back on Saturday night.....Lawrence was giving the boys their bath as he usually does and every night puts a plastic bag around Caleb's cast. Each night the bag keeps getting smaller and smaller b/c the excess pieces annoy Lawrence so he cuts it down. On Saturday, I made a point to say that the bag was too small to put around the cast but Lawrence insisted that it was fine.

After bathtime, I take the bag off Caleb's arm to find that his cast is SOAKING WET! The bag was indeed too small and water was dripping from his hand. Lawrence went and got the hair dryer and we attempted to dry the cast, which of course didn't work.

So to make an already long story short, I called the nurse on Monday and she told me to come in immediately. The doctor slid the cast right off Caleb's arm and I almost passed out. For two reasons, the smell was so potent I almost died, secondly, his scar was way bigger than I thought it would be. The doc insisted it will fade but for right now, it's just there!

We get in the car and Caleb keeps grabbing his arm where the cast was and says over and over "Mama, where'd it go? where'd it go?" I was in tears laughing. So his cast is now off and he acts like nothing ever happened.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funniest story ever!!! I can just imagine you with the smell. I would have loved to hear "Where'd it go?" from Caleb. How precious. I know it probably looks big, but as his arm grows it will fade (no comfort now though.

Anonymous said...

Poor Caleb and his smelly cast!! That is hilarious. I'm sure his scar will be fine, at least it's just on his hand. I still want to hear their little voices when the are talking!! You have to call me soon. Miss you guys!

The Tynes Family said...

Kim-everytime I show Caleb a picture and say "point to Grandma" he points to you! Miss you too!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! That makes me feel better. At least they still remember me!! I can't wait to see them again.

Jon and Andrea said...

Little Caleb! This story is so cute. I'm glad his cast is off. ( I bet Jaden is too. No more weapons).

Anonymous said...

Blame it all on LT...I think it was really amanda who got the cast wet :)

Anonymous said...

omg! Thats so cute!!! They are getting so big, looks like mommy and daddy are doing an awesome job!