9/1/08

The Attack of the Bat

Lawrence went outside to start the grill while the boys watched from the door. I saw him walk in the door and what seemed like something fall off him. Lawrence started screaming "it's a bat, hurry get the boys!!" I ran over, grabbed the boys and took them into the playroom. Both boys were screaming b/c all they heard was yelling. Once in the playroom (with the door shut) I saw through the crack, Lawrence standing on the bat. At this point I couldn't help but laugh. He kept saying over and over...did it bite me? did it bite me?

Lawrence's story is that he felt something on his neck/hairline and thought it was a bug. When he opened the door he went to flick it off outside and it flew in the door. After all that, there were no bites and a good story to laugh about with our neighbors:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. No thanks on the bat. I bet it was chaos. I love your blog and am so glad you have one now. And I love the picture of the boys in the sand. I think they have gotten cuter since I left!! Miss you guys!!

The Tynes Family said...

We miss you too Aunt Kimmy!!! The boys keep asking when you are going to be back to play with them:)

Jon and Andrea said...

The bat story is hilarious (knowing that everyone is ok). I would be totally paranoid, too!

Anonymous said...

You should have kept the bat as a pet for the boys!

Andy said...

haha...oh gosh..i can picture it. haha

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD...A BAT???? I can only imagine the chaos...i am so grossed out....i hate bats....

Unknown said...

I love your blog. When I am down I check it out, you always have such uplifting stories. I also love seeing how the boys are growing. They are adorable!!
Your St. Maarten family!!!