1/2/09

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Wow! I feel like busy can't even begin to describe the past few weeks. We have been so busy getting ready for Christmas & for all our family to arrive. Andy booked a flight & didn't tell anyone so I had to watch everything I said to everyone. I did slip to my mom once but covered quickly! He arrived first on Christmas Eve & we stuffed him in a big toy box so when my mom & Tom came in they wouldn't see him. We waited for about 5 minutes before he popped out of the box. My mom screamed her head off! It was pretty funny. We spent the rest of the night putting together toys & wrapping what felt like a million presents.

The boys woke up around 7am on Christmas morning & came downstairs to a few surprises. One was Grandma & Grandpa Tom. We didn't open any gift right away b/c they just played with all the unwrapped toys like their trampoline & rock wall with a slide just to name a few.

Uncle Tony & Kelly got to the house around 11:30am on Christmas Day. They too didn't know Andy was at our house so we hid him in a huge gift bag this time. After they made their way to the living room & said all their hello's Andy jumped out of the bag & everyone started crying. Tony was probably the most excited to see Andy.

We opened some more gifts & put the boys down for a nap. Jaden has had a bad cough for about a week but when he woke up from his nap he was wheezing so we took him to the ER. Thank goodness we did b/c he had Bronchitis & needed a nebulizer(thank you Michele:) We were in & out and home in time for Christmas dinner. Afterwards we opened more gifts & off to bed.

We were so excited for Friday night b/c Lawrence & I were taking everyone to the Radio City Music Spectacular. As were were getting ready Kelly started throwing up, followed by Tony. Andy was already sick all day so we sent the babysitter home & left Andy in charge. In the car on the way to the city my mom threw up. I couldn't believe everyone had the flu. My mom stuck it out & we saw the entire show which was fabulous!

On Tuesday the boys weren't feeling any better so we took them to the doctor to find out that Jaden has a double ear infection & Caleb a sinus infection. WILL IT EVER END?!?!?!?

We had a great time on New Years which was much needed for both mommy & daddy:)

That bring us to today where all is quiet in the Tynes house. The boys are napping, Lawrence is at work & I have a moment to sit down & watch the snow fall again!

We want to say thank you for all the gifts, food, money, ect... that everyone sent. We had a wonderful Christmas & hope you all did too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom and I had a great time and it was good to have you, Andy and Tony together, which is hardly ever. We loved playing with the boys and we still talk about how Grandpa Tom taught the boys how to blow kisses. It surely was a Christmas to remember. I was not about to miss the Rockettes! Thank you and Lawrence for opening your home to all of us and for the gifts! We miss you all.

Anonymous said...

From Dad in the hot panhandle of FL----it is 74 right now and last week it was 29--Looks like you all had a great Holiday minus the sickness with everyone--Wish I was there Too--Hope the family is in good health--have you all on my list to the man every day--Love and Miss you all. Dad PS--Will send photos of the Smokies and Dollywood soon.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see everyone for christmas. Kelly and I loved seeing everyone minus us not being able to function for a couple days. Hope to see everyone soon..maybe christmas can be at my house next year :)