11/26/09

When dads away....everything goes wrong!

It's 10:47pm on Thanksgiving night and I'm sitting in the kitchen trying to stay awake b/c of course Lawrence has a night game. Score is 23-6 Denver...not good!

Anyway, last night around midnight I woke up to the loudest beep ever. I thought it must be the fire alarm in my bedroom. I stood under it half asleep until I heard the beep again but this time in the hallway. There is a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in the hall outside the boys room. I stood there for a bit and heard the beep again when I decide it's the carbon monoxide beeping. It wasn't an alarm going off but a beep every five minutes. So what do I do, I call my husband, who yes did have a game today and was already asleep (the police dispatcher yelled at me for waking him up). He said to replace the battery. I open it up and see no battery but a bunch of wires. Two police officers show up and couldn't figure it out, not surprising. They did comment on how beautiful my Christmas tree was. Random!

Next thing I know, the fire chief and 2 firemen dressed in FULL fire fighting attire show up with the firetruck. At this point I'm like are you freaking kidding me. I'm also thinking how the boys would love to see the fireman and firetruck. Too bad it's 1am at this point. They figure out that there is no carbon monoxide and that they can't turn off the loudest beep ever b/c our system is hardwired. Whatever that means. I call the alarm company and they can't do anything either. The person who installed our system has to do it. Right, its now 1:30am, like someone is going to be awake.

I put the boys in my bed and turn on 2 fans to make background noise in hopes I won't hear the beep every five minutes. Next thing I know the guy who installed our system calls me back and I am searching for a tiny flat head screwdriver to disassemble the alarm. Unbelievable!! At least the beeping stopped but I didn't get to sleep until 3am and Jaden who has been sleeping til 8am everyday decided at 6:45am he wants to watch Max &Ruby.

Score update 26-6 Denver....apparently we forgot to show up to play.

Today was low key but tomorrow will be busy. We are having friends over to celebrate Thanksgiving since we couldn't today. I'll take pics:)

I would like to now say that I am so thankful for Lawrence who is the most wonderful loving husband and father in the world. I'm insanely thankful for my 2 amazing sons. I'm so blessed they are happy and healthy, not always behaved but that's OK:)I'm thankful for my family and friends for always being there for us and supporting us in everything we do. I love you all and wish I could have spent Thanksgiving with you!!

Oh, I'm thankful this horrible game is almost over so I can go to bed!!!

Final score 26-6 Denver. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

sorry about all the beeping! we have had that happen in our house too. sorry about the game! matt and his brother were there...at least lawerence scored all the points he was supposed to! 52-yarder was pretty awesome!