9/1/09

Boys on a break Day 2

The boys have off school until September 9. I'm not going to lie, a little bit of panic set in Sunday night. What are we going to do for a week and a half??? So yesterday we went to the mall and got cupcakes for Lawrence and of course we ate some too. The boys picked out the birthday cake ones and sang happy birthday to them:) Then we came home and took naps from 12:15-3pm. After naps we skyped with Grandma for an hour and during that time Jaden and I returned to the playroom to find Caleb eating something. Here is how our conversation went:

Me: Caleb what are you eating?
Caleb: A bug
Me: You're eating a bug?
Caleb: No mommy, I eat the poop
Me: What???
Grandma in the background on the computer: Did he say poop?? Check his mouth!!
Caleb: Gross mommy I eat my poop

Yes, Caleb stuck his hand in his diaper and put poop in his mouth. I'm still grossed out!!! So that was day 1.

Today we didn't have any plans to go anywhere so we played outside with Jenna, Matthew and Dylan. Michele and the kids got the boys little scooters for their birthday (pictures to come soon) so we were all outside playing. Then we went into the backyard on the swingset. All of a sudden Jaden started screaming hysterically. Michele climbed up and handed him down to me and he was showing us his hand. We looked up and saw a bee. It apparently stung his hand which was swelling up. Once we got inside we saw his nose was swelling too. So he had gotten bit in both spots. After I calmed down we ate lunch and laid in bed before going to "cribbies." That's what the boys call their beds.

I put the boys in their beds, shut the door, walked into my room, grabbed my laundry, and right before I started walking downstairs I heard the boys door open. Now, for months Jaden has been able to get out of his crib but doesn't do it when we aren't in the room b/c he knows he will get in trouble. I start to say, "Jaden!" and see Caleb standing there. I was in total shock. He said, "mommy, I dropped my bee, I need uppies." As I walk into the room Jaden jumped out of his bed and they ran into my room. After getting them both into their cribs, I told them monsters will get them if they get out again. I shut the door and heard Caleb say, "no JJ, monsters will come for you." I think it worked:) Terrible I know, but I am not ready for big boy beds. I want them to stay in their cribs til they are 3, that is my plan. Their room is big enough for 2 full size beds so that's what my plan is to get them when they are ready. I guess I better make a trip to pottery barn kids just in case.

That was day 2.

2 comments:

Angie said...

LOL.... This would only happen to you Amanda..... I can hear you screaming now.

Mom (Grandma) said...

Yes, that certainly was a "skype" moment. I got to see and hear everything first hand! I thought it was pretty funny hearing Caleb and Amanda screaming and Jaden going over to check things out! Climbing out of cribs, bee stings, etc...just a "normal" day at the Tynes'