3/16/09

Back on Dry Land

The boys on the first morning of the cruise. Day 1 was at sea so not a whole lot to do on the boat.

JJ very tired after his first full day cruising:)


JJ at Disney World. They both liked it more this year than last year.

All of us in front of the Cinderella's castle.



Lawrence, Grandma and I on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom.




Jaden at Mickey's house looking at his garden.



The family posing with Mickey and Minnie. I think last year's photo turned out better. When Caleb saw Mickey he pointed as said "Elmo!!"



Grandma and Grandpa Tom on Thunder Mountain. They didn't get as wet as I thought they would but still pretty wet!


Jaden and I on the train at the end of the day. The boys were exhausted!


Day 3 was at Great Stirrup Cay which is pretty much just a beach. The boys loved playing in the sand and water.


Here's our boat from the island.



Daddy and Caleb soaking up some rays. Good thing Caleb has my skin tone:)



Caleb is just too cute for words right here!



Day 4 was Nassau. Here is a pic of the Atlantis (where we were last month). We had a very relaxing day.



Us at the Atlantis.


Caleb totally pissed about something!


The boys in the Spinnaker Lounge which became their favorite place to play.



The Bubbas up early in the morning with Caleb reading the agenda for the day.



JJ on the water slide at the kiddie pool.


Caleb splashing like a wild man!



Lawrence and the Captain in the main station of the boat where everything is controlled and securely locked down. They gave the Giants players and wives a tour which was so cool to see.

So we made it back from our wonderful trip. Here's a little recap!

The cars dropped us off at the pier around 12:30. When we got inside I saw tons of people in lines that weren't going anywhere so I kind of started to panic. They boys just aren't too patient so I was a little worried. Right then a lady told Lawrence he was a VIP guest and to come with her. They handed us our keys and took us straight to our cabins. THANK GOODNESS!!

The first day was at sea so we pretty much just explored the boat and found places for the boys to play. The next day, Monday, we woke up in Port Canaveral which is 45 mins from Disney World. Lawrence had called ahead and arranged for a VIP tour guide to pick us up and take us to Disney. We had a guide last year for the week when we were down there and know that it's the ONLY way to do Disney. You get to go to the front of every line so your wait time is 5 mins max!! A necessity when you have 2 20month olds in tow! Disney was absolutely amazing and the boys just loved all the rides. Seeing the smiles on their faces is priceless.

Tuesday we woke up at Great Stirrup Cay which is a tiny island with a crowded beach. The boys loved playing in the sand and in the water. Caleb loved pouring it over his head and Jaden loved putting it in his mouth. Some things haven't changed from last year!


Wednesday was Nassau, one of my favorite islands. We went over to the Atlantis to show Grandma and Grandpa Tom what a beautiful resort it is. They loved it as much as we do so I think they'll be guests someday....


I now have to tell you all my camera story. When we got back to the ship I went to take out my camera and notice that it is gone. I was so upset because I knew it was on the stroller and sure that it fell out in the cab which we would never be able to find. I was in tears!! While the boys were napping, Lawrence and I went to lay out by the pool. After about 2 hours a couple who are there as part of the Cruise with the Giants group walks up to us and says, "is this your camera?" I jumped up in total shock and watery eyes. How could this be??? He told us that he and his wife were walking back to the boat when a guy walked up to him and said, "do you know Lawrence tynes, the kicker for the Giants?" The guy who was wearing a Giants t shirt, said yes, he actually on my boat. The other man said that he found our camera in a cab and asked if he would give it back to us. The man who found it looked at the pictures, recognized Lawrence and was planning on mailing it back to the Giants. This absolutely restored my faith in the human race. So I got my camera back but more importantly all my photos!


We had a great time and have to thank Grandma and Grandpa Tom for coming with us. I know the boys loved every minute of it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time we had with the boys, Lawrence and Amanda! We made memories for life and experienced more than we imagined. Can't thank the Tynes family enough for inviting us and sharing their cruise vacation with us. Seeing the boys at Disney World was priceless.
Grandpa Tom is back to work and I am still recouperating from jet lag and a little bit of motion sickness still lingering.
Thanks again. We will treasure it forever.

Andy said...

WOW!!! it sounds like you all had a BLAST!!! Jealous...